Staff, Board & Advisors
- Brook Ewing Minner, Executive Director
- Amber Bertin, Archival Processing Technician
- Karin Carlson, Vault Manager
- Jane Donnell, Theatre, Distribution and Membership Manager
- Joe Gardner, Technical Services Manager
- Andrea Foster, Business Manager
- Phil Yates, Facilities Manager & Theater
The Board of Directors of Northeast Historic Film consists of 12 people. The bylaws allow for as few as three (which is where NHF started in 1986), and as many as 15 board members, each elected for a three-year term. The Board holds three meetings a year, usually two in Bucksport and third at another location, with additional committee meetings as needed.
Consulting Producer for documentaries on science, nature and history including Discovery HD Theater, National Geographic, PBS. Twenty-seven years of experience, working nationally and internationally. Family roots in Kingman, Macwahoc, and Millinocket, Maine.
James S. Henderson, President - Harpswell, Maine
Principal, Publius Research, a public affairs consulting firm. Author of Maine: An Encyclopedia, a DVD incorporating moving images. Ph.D. in political science from Emory University. Adjunct faculty member, Southern New Hampshire University. Director of the Maine State Archives, 1987-2007.
Owner and Producer, Blast Zone Studio, independent media production. Studio Manager for Robert Gardner, artist and filmmaker, Studio7Arts in Cambridge, Mass. Media Services Director, Documentary Educational Resources. BFA from School of the Museum of Fine Arts, Boston and Tufts University.
Founder and managing partner, The Wildheart Group, media production. Writer, producer and on air at WERU, Maine community radio. Family member of Hiram Percy Maxim, founder of the Amateur Cinema League. NYZS/The Wildlife Conservation Society, National Manager, Annual Support, and an executive producer, The Wildlife Concert with John Denver.
Mark Neumann, Ph.D. - Flagstaff, Arizona
Professor, School of Communication, Northern Arizona University. Teaches cultural and media studies, visual culture, and documentary. Author of Recording Culture: Audio Documentary and the Ethnographic Experience, On the Rim: Looking for the Grand Canyon and a variety of essays on amateur film published in academic journals and edited collections.
Karan Sheldon - Milton, Massachusetts
NHF co-founder. Most recently, an initiative to present personal films in fine arts museums, "Poets of their Own Acts: Personal Films 1915-1960, Vernacular Moving Images from the Collections of Northeast Historic Film." More at ksheldonwork.tumblr.com
Pamela Wintle - Washington, D.C.
Founder, Smithsonian Institution Human Studies Film Archives. Member, National Film Preservation Board. Founding chair, Association of Moving Image Archivists' amateur film group, Inédits. Family roots in Skowhegan, Maine.
Individuals with interest in the work of NHF as an organization with a vision for film, video and digital preservation, with broad public access.
- Gillian Anderson, orchestral conductor and musicologist.
- Q. David Bowers, author of Nickelodeon Theaters and Their Music.
- Peter Davis, director of Hearts and Minds.
- Kathryn Fuller-Seeley, Ph.D. Associate Professor, Cinema Studies/Communications, Georgia State University.
- Jan-Christopher Horak, Ph.D. Director, UCLA Film and Television Archive.
- Janna Jones, Ph.D. Associate Professor and Director of the Cinema and Visual Culture program, School of Communication, Northern Arizona University.
- Donna Loring, Wabanaki Cultural Tourism Coordinator, Four Directions Development Corporation.
- Martha McNamara, Ph.D. Director, Art and Architecture Program, Wellesley College.
- Eric Schaefer, Ph.D. Associate Professor, Department of Visual and Media Arts, Emerson College.
- Samuel Suratt, Founding member of International Federation of Television Archives.*
- Tricia Welsch, Ph.D. Associate Professor and Chair of Film Studies, Bowdoin College.
- David Wexler, owner of Hollywood Vaults.
- Patricia Zimmermann, Ph.D. Professor of Cinema and Photography, Roy H. Park School of Communications, Ithaca College.
Past Board Members
David C. Smith, Bangor, ME *
Paul Gelardi, Cape Porpoise, ME
Past Board Members
Deborah Joy Corey, Castine, ME
Michael J. Fiori, Readfield, ME
Francis W. Hatch, Jr., Castine, ME *
Donna Loring, Richmond, ME
Alan J. McClelland, Camden, ME *
Judy McGeorge, Ellsworth, ME
Martha McNamara, Boston, MA
Frederick Oettinger, Penobscot, ME
Terry Rankine, South Thomaston, ME *
Robert Saudek, Washington, DC *
Lynda Tyson, Northeast Harbor, ME