Wheaton A. Holden Collection
Primary Format and Extent
video (30 min.) : sd., b&w and col. ; 1/2 in.
Collection contains a documentary. "Mt. Washington Among the Clouds: An Early History: 1852-1908" is a history of Mt. Washington, and includes scenes of hotels at the summit and the cog railway. The film was made using still photographs and some footage from the Library of Congress Paper Print Collection.
Wheaton A. Holden (1926-1993) was a professor of architectural history at Northeastern University and independent producer. Mt. Washington, in Coos County, New Hampshire, is 6,288 feet at its peak.
Post new comment
Most Popular Collections:
Featured Hidden Collections:
- Bath Historical Society Collection
- Groth, Ernest Collection
- Hiram Historical Society Collection
- Medomak Camp Collection
- Pearmain, Pierce Collection
- Maine Department of Agriculture Collection
- Maine State Museum Collection
- Vinalhaven Historical Society Collection
- Stillman, Ernest G. Collection
- Hodgkins, Earl Collection
- Bailey, Solon and Betty Collection
- Bangor Historical Society/WABI Collection
- Bradley, Cameron Collection
- Brown Paper Company Collection
- Bucksport High School Football Collection
- Bucksport Junior High School Collection