John E. Allen Collection
Primary Format and Extent
film (400 ft.) : si., b&w ; 16 mm. print.
Secondary Format and Extent
video (4 min.) : sd., b&w and col. ; 3/4 in.
Collection Date Range
1920 - 1990
Collection contains a factual work, "Maine Centennial" (1920), with celebration scenes for the centennial of Maine's statehood. Participants include Governor Carl Milliken, and Penobscot and Passamaquoddy tribe members. Officers at clambake and sailors aboard the ship USS Utah are shown. Collection also contains a short documentary: a 1990 CNBC Cable news program segment concerning John E. Allen.
John E. Allen, Inc. is a film restoration facility and archives located in Park Ridge, NJ. Original footage is 35 mm. film.
Post new comment
Most Popular Collections:
Featured Hidden Collections:
- Bath Historical Society Collection
- Groth, Ernest Collection
- Hiram Historical Society Collection
- Medomak Camp Collection
- Pearmain, Pierce Collection
- Maine Department of Agriculture Collection
- Maine State Museum Collection
- Vinalhaven Historical Society Collection
- Stillman, Ernest G. Collection
- Hodgkins, Earl Collection
- Bailey, Solon and Betty Collection
- Bangor Historical Society/WABI Collection
- Bradley, Cameron Collection
- Brown Paper Company Collection
- Bucksport High School Football Collection
- Bucksport Junior High School Collection