David Westphal Collection
Primary Format and Extent
film (10,000 ft.) : si., b&w ; 16 mm. arch neg.
Secondary Format and Extent
film (2,300 ft.) : si., b&w ; 16 mm. reversal pos. film (13,830 ft.) : si., b&w ; 16 mm. print.
Collection Date Range
1972 - 1989
Collection contains documentaries by David Westphal, including "Spirits of the Polar Night" (1972) about the aurora borealis, and "So We Shall Stand and Fight," a film about Passamaquoddy Native American land claims. Other documentaries in the collection are about actress Diane de Lorian and the ancient Iranian city of Isfahan. "Shinto" (1989) is about the Shinto religion. Footage includes outtakes from "Shinto."
David Westphal is a Maine resident and independent filmmaker.
People and OrganizationsPassamaquoddy Tribe
Subject(s)Arts, Boats and boating, Community Life, Islands, Lighthouses, Lobster industry, Manners and customs, Native Americans, Religion, Rural conditions, Women
Post new comment
Most Popular Collections:
Featured Hidden Collections:
- Bath Historical Society Collection
- Groth, Ernest Collection
- Hiram Historical Society Collection
- Medomak Camp Collection
- Pearmain, Pierce Collection
- Maine Department of Agriculture Collection
- Maine State Museum Collection
- Vinalhaven Historical Society Collection
- Stillman, Ernest G. Collection
- Hodgkins, Earl Collection
- Bailey, Solon and Betty Collection
- Bangor Historical Society/WABI Collection
- Bradley, Cameron Collection
- Brown Paper Company Collection
- Bucksport High School Football Collection
- Bucksport Jr. High School Collection
- Bucksport Junior High School Collection
- Camden Hills Regional High School Collection