Wilbur Senter Collection
Creator(s)Wilbur F. Senter
DonorKnox County Camera Club
Primary Format and Extent
film (17,000 ft.) : si., b&w and col. ; 16 mm.
Collection Date Range
1930 - 1953
Collection contains [Wilbur Senter--home movies], scenes of community events and family activities in the Rockland, Maine, area as well as trips to New York (New York World's Fair, 1939), Florida, California (Golden Gate International Exposition, San Francisco, 1939) and California auto tour in 1940, Washington, D.C., and the Caribbean. The collection also contains purchased newsreels, including: "News Parade" reels dated 1937 through 1945; single reels titled "Comics," "Early Movies," and "Brownie Scouts." Collection also contains two reels of purchased film labeled "Men Only." See also Farnsworth Museum Collection and Knox County Camera Club Collection.
Wilbur Senter was a prominent businessman in Rockland, Maine. He helped found the Knox County Camera Club in Rockland in 1938. His footage was used by the club in their films "A Portrait of Our People" and "Knox County on Parade."
Subject(s)Cities and towns, Coasts, Community Life, Crowds, Fairs, Families, Manners and customs, Performing arts, Recreation, Tourist trade, Travel
Northeast Historic Film
Access is restricted; consult repository for detail.
Condition Governing Reproduction and Use
Authorization to reuse and/or reproduce must be obtained from Northeast Historic Film. See http://oldfilm.org/content/stock-footage-licensing for more information.
Items in this collection: 1
Showing 1 - 1 of 1:
1) New York World's Fair, 1939--Wilbur Senter--home movies. Reel 6
New York World's Fair 1939. Fountain of Adam in Bowling Green. View down Constitution Mall toward statue of George Washington, Trylon, and Perisphere. Statue, "The Worker," on Union of...more
Post new comment
Most Popular Collections:
Featured Hidden Collections:
- Bath Historical Society Collection
- Groth, Ernest Collection
- Hiram Historical Society Collection
- Medomak Camp Collection
- Pearmain, Pierce Collection
- Maine Department of Agriculture Collection
- Maine State Museum Collection
- Vinalhaven Historical Society Collection
- Stillman, Ernest G. Collection
- Hodgkins, Earl Collection
- Bailey, Solon and Betty Collection
- Bangor Historical Society/WABI Collection
- Bradley, Cameron Collection
- Brown Paper Company Collection
- Bucksport High School Football Collection
- Bucksport Junior High School Collection