Ruth Parker Collection
Primary Format and Extent
film (300 ft.) : si,. b&w and col. ; 16 mm. reversal pos.
Secondary Format and Extent
film (250 ft.) : si., b&w and col. ; 16 mm. print.
Collection Date Range
1930 - 1940
Collection contains home movies including scenes of winter and summer family activities, boating and barbecue. Collection also contains an educational/cultural work: "World's Fair: Wings of a Century" by the Burton Holmes Film Co. includes scenes of fair exhibits re-enacting different periods of American transportation history.
Ruth Parker lived in Maine. The 1933-1934 World's Fair opened May 27 in Chicago.
Subject(s)Boats and boating, Coasts, Cookery, Fairs, Families, Technology, Transportation, African Americans
Items in this collection: 2
Showing 1 - 2 of 2:
1) [unidentified--home movies]
Amateur: Snowy street, large homes. Snow on coast. Ocean. Men with boat. Old car on snowy road. Homes. 'Curly Meserve' sign on truck. Man waving. Icy bay. Winter scenes end. Bay with me...more
Post new comment
Most Popular Collections:
Featured Hidden Collections:
- Bath Historical Society Collection
- Groth, Ernest Collection
- Hiram Historical Society Collection
- Medomak Camp Collection
- Pearmain, Pierce Collection
- Maine Department of Agriculture Collection
- Maine State Museum Collection
- Vinalhaven Historical Society Collection
- Stillman, Ernest G. Collection
- Hodgkins, Earl Collection
- Bailey, Solon and Betty Collection
- Bangor Historical Society/WABI Collection
- Bradley, Cameron Collection
- Brown Paper Company Collection
- Bucksport High School Football Collection
- Bucksport Junior High School Collection