Patricia Jordan Collection
[Albion Emery--home movies], 2178
Credit: Albion Emery home movies, Patricia Jordan Collection, Northeast Historic Film. A title card from a promotional film highlighting the recreational possibilities in scenic Bar Harbor, Maine, 1941.
Credit: Albion Emery home movies, Patricia Jordan Collection, Northeast Historic Film. Promotional film highlighting the recreational possibilities in scenic Bar Harbor, Maine, 1941.
Primary Format and Extent
film (1,925 feet) : si., col. ; 16 mm.
Collection Date Range
1941 - 1963
The Patricia Jordan Collection consists of 9 reels of film shot between 1941 and 1963. The bulk of the footage was shot in Bar Harbor, Maine, and documents life in the small, coastal town. Much of the footage was shot in and around Emery’s Cottages in fall and winter. Numerous football games and social gatherings are depicted, including parties celebrating both Christmas and New Year’s Eve. Also in the footage is a Halloween parade with a procession of children in costume. A few scenes document the activities of some boy scouts. The collection also contains some footage shot on a trip to Niagara Falls, Canada, and a promotional film produced by the Bar Harbor Chamber of Commerce.
Albion (Bill) Emery was a resident of Bar Harbor, Maine, and the owner of Emery’s Cottages on Sand Point. In the off-season from the cottages Emery was a school bus driver. He was active in the community as both a volunteer fire fighter and a member of the Chamber of Commerce.
Northeast Historic Film
The Collection is open for research.
Condition Governing Reproduction and Use
Authorization to reuse and/or reproduce must be obtained from Northeast Historic Film. See http://www.oldfilm.org/research for more information.
Items in this collection: 9
Showing 1 - 9 of 9:
1) [Albion Emery—home movies] Reel 1, Accession 2178
Footage consisting of shots of signs acting as intertitles which read, in succession, “Touring Vacationists (Come From To Name A Few Of The States)” “Musical Accompaniment For This Film...more
2) [Albion Emery—home movies] Reel 2, Accession 2178
Two shots of a city in the distance shot from a busy street with cars passing in front of the camera. Footage of wild animals, some of which are seen from behind fences, including some...more
3) [Albion Emery—home movies] Reel 3, Accession 2178
A few shots of boy scouts on a ferry boat. A few shots of scouts on a dock helping to unload a row boat.more
4) [Albion Emery—home movies] Reel 4, Accession 2178
A shot of scouts and a few scout leaders near a bus in a clearing. Footage of boys playing, swimming and jumping off of diving boards in a pool near the ocean. A shot of young boys, s...more
5) [Albion Emery--home movies] Reel 5, Accession 2178
Footage of buildings and stores along snowed in streets in a small, downtown area, including various machines being used to remove the snow from the streets and sidewalks. A few shots...more
6) [Albion Emery--home movies] Reel 6, Accession 2178
Footage of a football game. Notes on can: “Dexter - Bar Harbor Football”more
7) [Albion Emery--home movies] Reel 7, Accession 2178
Footage of a New Year’s Eve party, including men playing a drum set, people drinking, dancing and trying on hats and wigs, a Montana state flag on the wall and a man playing a piano. N...more
8) [Albion Emery--home movies] Reel 8, Accession 2178
A few shots of the remnants of a building after a fire. A few shots of children riding a toy tractor pulling a wagon through Emery’s Cottages. A shot of people cooking in a kitchen....more
9) [Albion Emery--home movies] Reel 9, Accession 2178
Footage of a party in a back yard, including wrapped gifts on a table and people eating and drinking.more
Post new comment
Most Popular Collections:
Featured Hidden Collections:
- Bath Historical Society Collection
- Groth, Ernest Collection
- Hiram Historical Society Collection
- Medomak Camp Collection
- Pearmain, Pierce Collection
- Maine Department of Agriculture Collection
- Maine State Museum Collection
- Vinalhaven Historical Society Collection
- Stillman, Ernest G. Collection
- Hodgkins, Earl Collection
- Bailey, Solon and Betty Collection
- Bangor Historical Society/WABI Collection
- Bradley, Cameron Collection
- Brown Paper Company Collection
- Bucksport High School Football Collection
- Bucksport Jr. High School Collection
- Bucksport Junior High School Collection
- Camden Hills Regional High School Collection