Primary Format and Extent
film (84,270 ft.) : sd., b&w and col. ; 16 mm. print.
Secondary Format and Extent
video (1,272 min.) : sd., col. ; 3/4 in.; videoreel (6389 min.) : sd., col. ; 2 in.
Collection Date Range
1964 - 1981
Collection contains over 100 factual programs broadcast by MPBN on subjects including health and medicine, economics, natural resources, government, crime, education, history and women's issues. Multipart series include "In and Out of Maine" about the state's residents, "Maine Field Trips" focusing on notable sites and industries, and "Reflets et Lumiere" about French American life and culture. "Woods and Waters" features hunting and fishing. "Working Women of Waldo County" is a series about women's lives. "Can I Get There From Here?" concerns Maine youth. Single programs include "Home to the Sea" about Maine seafaring life from colonial days to the present, and "The Last Log Drive Down the Kennebec" about log driving. Arts programs include "A Fresh Breeze Downeast with Performers Gordon Bok and Marshall Dodge," "Maine Stream Jazz" and "Summer Theatre in Maine." See also MPBC Collection and Maine Humanities Council Collection.
Maine Public Broadcasting Network (MPBN) was founded by the University of Maine System. In 1992 MPBN merged with station WCBB to form the Maine Public Broadcasting Corporation (MPBC).
People and OrganizationsGordon Bok
Subject(s)Legislators, Natural resources, Cities and towns, Community Life, Fisheries, Forests and forestry, Franco-Americans , Health, Legislators, Literature, Logging, Manners and customs, Music, Native Americans, Natural resources, Performing arts, Recreation, Tourist trade, Women
Post new comment
Most Popular Collections:
Featured Hidden Collections:
- Bath Historical Society Collection
- Groth, Ernest Collection
- Hiram Historical Society Collection
- Medomak Camp Collection
- Pearmain, Pierce Collection
- Maine Department of Agriculture Collection
- Maine State Museum Collection
- Vinalhaven Historical Society Collection
- Stillman, Ernest G. Collection
- Hodgkins, Earl Collection
- Bailey, Solon and Betty Collection
- Bangor Historical Society/WABI Collection
- Bradley, Cameron Collection
- Brown Paper Company Collection
- Bucksport High School Football Collection
- Bucksport Junior High School Collection