William Pfaffle Collection
Primary Format and Extent
video (65 min.) : sd., col. ; 1/2 in.
Collection Date Range
1950 - 1960
Collection contains promotional works. "Land of Remembered Vacations," "Maine Parks: An Idyllic Journey" (1964) and "The Bounding Maine" feature various aspects of the state of Maine including its geography, communities, and recreational areas. Footage shows tourists visiting state parks and traveling in cars, picnics, coastline and beaches, wildlife such as moose and herring gulls, autumn foliage, and historic points of interest including Fort Knox in Prospect, Maine.
William Pfaffle is an independent Maine filmmaker living in Kents Hill. The films in this collection were made for the Maine Department of Economic Development. Artwork in "Maine Parks" is by Hope Pfaffle. Original footage is 16 mm. film.
Subject(s)Birds, Boats and boating, Coasts, Food, Forests and forestry, Lakes, Mountains, National parks and reserves, Recreation, Rivers, Tourist trade, Wildlife
Northeast Historic Film
Access is restricted; consult repository for detail.
Condition Governing Reproduction and Use
Authorization to reuse and/or reproduce must be obtained from Northeast Historic Film. See http://www.oldfilm.org/research for more information.
Items in this collection: 4
Showing 1 - 4 of 4:
1) Land of Remembered Vacations
Promotional work made for the Maine Department of Economic Development. begins with scenes of Kittery, Maine turnpike to Augusta and Kennebec River. Film includes discussion of: lakes o...more
2) Maine Parks: An Idyllic Journey
Promotional work made for the Maine Department of Economic Development. Scenes of wildlife, scenery, Cadillac Mountain road, state parks of Maine and Acadia National Park, campsites, st...more
3) The Bounding Maine: From Canoe to Cabin Cruiser
Promotional work made for the Maine Department of Economic Development. Features water recreation in Maine lakes and Atlantic Ocean. Scenes include: Maine camps for children (boys only)...more
Post new comment
Most Popular Collections:
Featured Hidden Collections:
- Bath Historical Society Collection
- Groth, Ernest Collection
- Hiram Historical Society Collection
- Medomak Camp Collection
- Pearmain, Pierce Collection
- Maine Department of Agriculture Collection
- Maine State Museum Collection
- Vinalhaven Historical Society Collection
- Stillman, Ernest G. Collection
- Hodgkins, Earl Collection
- Bailey, Solon and Betty Collection
- Bangor Historical Society/WABI Collection
- Bradley, Cameron Collection
- Brown Paper Company Collection
- Bucksport High School Football Collection
- Bucksport Junior High School Collection