George A. Erswell, Jr. Collection
DonorGeorge A. Erswell, Jr.
Primary Format and Extent
film (825 ft.) : si., b&w and col. ; 8 mm. reversal pos.
Collection contains [George Erswell, Sr.--home movies], scenes of family vacations with a camper, a summer camp, boating, ice fishing, whales, a biplane doing stunts and a man doing acrobatics. Also includes scenes of floods with ice and water, and the damage to buildings. Houses, shacks and a railroad bridge with railroad cars are shown swept away by torrents.
George A. Erswell, Jr. (1927-2000), the donor, lived in South Harpswell, Maine. He was born in Hartford, Connecticut. His father, the creator, George A. Erswell, Sr., moved with his mother, Marion Purington Erswell, to Brunswick, Maine.
People and OrganizationsErswell Family
Subject(s)Boats and boating, Bridges, Camps, Families, Natural disasters, Recreation, Travel, Wildlife
Items in this collection: 1
Showing 1 - 1 of 1:
Post new comment
Most Popular Collections:
Featured Hidden Collections:
- Bath Historical Society Collection
- Groth, Ernest Collection
- Hiram Historical Society Collection
- Medomak Camp Collection
- Pearmain, Pierce Collection
- Maine Department of Agriculture Collection
- Maine State Museum Collection
- Vinalhaven Historical Society Collection
- Stillman, Ernest G. Collection
- Hodgkins, Earl Collection
- Bailey, Solon and Betty Collection
- Bangor Historical Society/WABI Collection
- Bradley, Cameron Collection
- Brown Paper Company Collection
- Bucksport High School Football Collection
- Bucksport Junior High School Collection