Down East RC & D Collection
Primary Format and Extent
video (30 min.) : sd., col. ; 3/4 in.
Secondary Format and Extent
video (360 min.) : sd., col. ; 1/2 in.
Collection contains an instructional work with interviews, "Shingles Made in Maine," which details the operations of a family-run shingle mill. Covers choice of quality wood to increase efficiency in production, maintenance of equipment, safety practices, use of wood refuse, and shingling work done on homes and the interiors of churches. Collection also contains unedited footage related to this film.
Down East Resource Conservation and Development Council, Inc. is based in Cherryfield, Maine. The "Shingles Made in Maine" project aimed to create an educational tool for shingle producers to help them improve their products.
Subject(s)Architecture, Business Enterprises, Natural resources, Churches, Technology, Working environment
Post new comment
Most Popular Collections:
Featured Hidden Collections:
- Bath Historical Society Collection
- Groth, Ernest Collection
- Hiram Historical Society Collection
- Medomak Camp Collection
- Pearmain, Pierce Collection
- Maine Department of Agriculture Collection
- Maine State Museum Collection
- Vinalhaven Historical Society Collection
- Stillman, Ernest G. Collection
- Hodgkins, Earl Collection
- Bailey, Solon and Betty Collection
- Bangor Historical Society/WABI Collection
- Bradley, Cameron Collection
- Brown Paper Company Collection
- Bucksport High School Football Collection
- Bucksport Junior High School Collection