John Michaels Collection
Primary Format and Extent
video (18 min.) : sd., b&w and col. ; 3/4 in.
Collection Date Range
1981 - 1985
Collection contains two cultural works. "White Lie" (1981) is a short psychedelic montage of television images and a woman dancing to music by Miles Davis and Brian Eno. "David, etc." (1985) features a 1960s-style radical and his "political" platform.
John Michaels, resident of Maine, is an independent filmmaker. He coproduced the films in this collection with other students while attending Southern Illinois University at Carbondale. Original footage is 16 mm. film.
Items in this collection: 2
Showing 1 - 2 of 2:
1) David, Etc.
'David, etc.' features a 1960s-style radical and his 'political' platform. Original footage is 16 mm. film. NHF cataloguer's notes for 'David, etc.' (12 min.): 1960s student [type] with...more
Post new comment
Most Popular Collections:
Featured Hidden Collections:
- Bath Historical Society Collection
- Groth, Ernest Collection
- Hiram Historical Society Collection
- Medomak Camp Collection
- Pearmain, Pierce Collection
- Maine Department of Agriculture Collection
- Maine State Museum Collection
- Vinalhaven Historical Society Collection
- Stillman, Ernest G. Collection
- Hodgkins, Earl Collection
- Bailey, Solon and Betty Collection
- Bangor Historical Society/WABI Collection
- Bradley, Cameron Collection
- Brown Paper Company Collection
- Bucksport High School Football Collection
- Bucksport Junior High School Collection