Albert Conley Collection
Credit: Albert Conley Collection, Northeast Historic Film.
Primary Format and Extent
film (13,450 ft.) : si., b&w and col. ; 16 mm. reversal pos.
Secondary Format and Extent
film (1,200 ft.) : si., col. ; super 8 mm. reversal pos.,film (6,500 ft.) : si., b&w and col. ; 8 mm. reversal pos.
Collection Date Range
1936 - 1961
Collection contains [Albert Conley--home movies], showing home in Freeport, Maine, as well as travels in the U.S., Canada, and Ecuador. Includes scenes of Maine cities and towns, the University of Maine, Orono, and coastline and islands. Also includes scenes from automobile trips to Florida, where the Conleys had a house in Ormond Beach, north of Daytona, and a trip west to New Mexico, the Grand Canyon and the California coast.
Dr. Albert D. Conley (1887-1974) was a resident of Freeport, Maine. He was a research chemist, married Mary F. Johnson Conley and lived on Pleasant Street, Freeport. His second wife was Madelyn Edith Dyer Conley. Tags on the film containers used to identify people and locations were most likely made by Conley, or his second wife Madelyn.
Subject(s)Automobiles, Boats and boating, Cities and towns, Coasts, Families, Islands, National parks and reserves, Recreation areas, Tourist trade, Travel, Universities and colleges
Northeast Historic Film
Access is restricted; consult repository for detail.
Condition Governing Reproduction and Use
Authorization to reuse and/or reproduce must be obtained from Northeast Historic Film. See http://oldfilm.org/content/stock-footage-licensing for more information.
Items in this collection: 1
Showing 1 - 1 of 1:
1) Trip to New York World's Fair over Merritt Highway, 1939--Albert Conley--home movies. Reel 42
Views from an automobile driving to the New York World's Fair on the Merritt Parkway and a visit to Florida. more
Post new comment
Most Popular Collections:
Featured Hidden Collections:
- Bath Historical Society Collection
- Groth, Ernest Collection
- Hiram Historical Society Collection
- Medomak Camp Collection
- Pearmain, Pierce Collection
- Maine Department of Agriculture Collection
- Maine State Museum Collection
- Vinalhaven Historical Society Collection
- Stillman, Ernest G. Collection
- Hodgkins, Earl Collection
- Bailey, Solon and Betty Collection
- Bangor Historical Society/WABI Collection
- Bradley, Cameron Collection
- Brown Paper Company Collection
- Bucksport High School Football Collection
- Bucksport Junior High School Collection