Albert Conley Collection
Credit: Albert Conley Collection, Northeast Historic Film.
Primary Format and Extent
film (13,450 ft.) : si., b&w and col. ; 16 mm. reversal pos.
Secondary Format and Extent
film (1,200 ft.) : si., col. ; super 8 mm. reversal pos.,film (6,500 ft.) : si., b&w and col. ; 8 mm. reversal pos.
Collection Date Range
1936 - 1961
Collection contains [Albert Conley--home movies], showing home in Freeport, Maine, as well as travels in the U.S., Canada, and Ecuador. Includes scenes of Maine cities and towns, the University of Maine, Orono, and coastline and islands. Also includes scenes from automobile trips to Florida, where the Conleys had a house in Ormond Beach, north of Daytona, and a trip west to New Mexico, the Grand Canyon and the California coast.
Dr. Albert D. Conley (1887-1974) was a resident of Freeport, Maine. He was a research chemist, married Mary F. Johnson Conley and lived on Pleasant Street, Freeport. His second wife was Madelyn Edith Dyer Conley. Tags on the film containers used to identify people and locations were most likely made by Conley, or his second wife Madelyn.
Subject(s)Automobiles, Boats and boating, Cities and towns, Coasts, Families, Islands, National parks and reserves, Recreation areas, Tourist trade, Travel, Universities and colleges
Northeast Historic Film
Access is restricted; consult repository for detail.
Condition Governing Reproduction and Use
Authorization to reuse and/or reproduce must be obtained from Northeast Historic Film. See http://oldfilm.org/content/stock-footage-licensing for more information.
Items in this collection: 68
Showing 1 - 10 of 68:
1) Trip to New York World's Fair over Merritt Highway, 1939--Albert Conley--home movies. Reel 42
Views from an automobile driving to the New York World's Fair on the Merritt Parkway and a visit to Florida. more
2) [Albert Conley--home movies] Reel 6
Date from edge code on film. // Kodachrome. // Notes from film tag: 'Early about 1936 Reunion at Orono' // Alumni gathering at University of Maine. Class of 1916 games, hitting people w...more
3) [Albert Conley--home movies] Reel 28
Date range from edge codes on film. // Notes from film tag: 'First film on trip west; Pensacola [Fl.]; Thru San Antonio [Tx.]; New Mexico.' Sign: 'Gulf Coast Scenic Highway.' Graveyard,...more
4) [Albert Conley--home movies] Reel 33
Date range from edge codes on film. // Notes from film tag: 'Fox Farm.' // Intertitles in quotes: 'The Fox Farm.' Freeport. 'The silver black fox was once a very rare animal and costly...more
5) [Albert Conley--home movies] Reel 25
Agfa film stock. // Notes from film tag: 'Silver Springs; Jacksonville; Alligator Farm.' // Footage from boat with glass bottom. Stork by water. River floor. Raccoon. Underwater footage...more
6) [Albert Conley--home movies] Reel 26
Date from edge code on film. // Notes from film tag: 'Almacon [family boat] trip to Florida; Reel 1 Boston [Mass.] to Ormond [Fl.].' // Footage from boat: bridges, factories, towns, tug...more
7) [Albert Conley--home movies] Reel 27
Date range from edge codes on film. // Notes from film tag: 'Trip to Florida; Portsmouth Bridge; Boston; Jacobs Ladder; Clermont: Hudson River; Pennsylvania; Mason & Dixon Line; Susqueh...more
8) [Albert Conley--home movies] Reel 29
Date range from edge codes on film. // Notes from film tag: 'Our trip West by auto; begins after leaving Carlsbad and goes through Laguna; Indian Pueblo.' // B&W: Train passing in front...more
9) [Albert Conley--home movies] Reel 30
Date range from edge codes on film. // Notes from film tag: 'Navajo Bridge; North Rim [Grand Canyon]; Zion National [Park]; Bryce Canyon; Boulder Dam.' // COLOR: Grand Canyon (underexpo...more
10) [Albert Conley--home movies] Reel 31
Date from edge code on film. // Notes from film tags: 'Columbia River Drive and Mount Hood; Portland, Oregon.' // FILM WAS FLIPPED WHEN TRANSFERRED. // 'Columbia River Highway and Portl...more
Post new comment
Most Popular Collections:
Featured Hidden Collections:
- Bath Historical Society Collection
- Groth, Ernest Collection
- Hiram Historical Society Collection
- Medomak Camp Collection
- Pearmain, Pierce Collection
- Maine Department of Agriculture Collection
- Maine State Museum Collection
- Vinalhaven Historical Society Collection
- Stillman, Ernest G. Collection
- Hodgkins, Earl Collection
- Bailey, Solon and Betty Collection
- Bangor Historical Society/WABI Collection
- Bradley, Cameron Collection
- Brown Paper Company Collection
- Bucksport High School Football Collection
- Bucksport Junior High School Collection