Walter Woodman Wright Collection
Creator(s)Elizabeth Woodman Wright
DonorWalter Woodman Wright
Credit: Walter Woodman Wright Collection, Northeast Historic Film. Birthday gathering for Mrs. Maxim, an elderly neighbor.
Primary Format and Extent
film (3,000 ft.) : si., b&w ; 16 mm. reversal pos.
Collection Date Range
1929 - 1948
Collection contains [Elizabeth Woodman Wright--home movies], primarily scenes of summer activities at Windy Ledge Farm in Paris, Maine. Footage has intertitles and shows plowing and harvesting with horse-powered equipment, working in the orchard, picnic outings, family pets, cutting trails and shingling the barn. Fiddler Mellie Dunham appears, playing outdoors. WikipediaVivian Milner Akers, an artist from Norway, Maine, is shown painting a portrait.
The properties shown in the film, in Paris, Maine, were held by two adjacent titles: one farm by L.E. ("Uncle El") Thayer, the other, Windy Ledge Farm, by Prof. C.H.C. Wright. Elizabeth Woodman Wright, married to C.H.C. Wright, did most of the filming with a Kodak camera she purchased in 1928. The Wright family lived in Cambridge, Mass., most of the year, spending the summer in Maine.Wright Family Papers, 1826-2003 Massachusetts Historical Society includes papers of professor C. H. C. Wright (husband), and the papers of Elizabeth Woodman Wright (creator), Walter Woodman Wright (son and donor).
Post new comment
Most Popular Collections:
Featured Hidden Collections:
- Bath Historical Society Collection
- Groth, Ernest Collection
- Hiram Historical Society Collection
- Medomak Camp Collection
- Pearmain, Pierce Collection
- Maine Department of Agriculture Collection
- Maine State Museum Collection
- Vinalhaven Historical Society Collection
- Stillman, Ernest G. Collection
- Hodgkins, Earl Collection
- Bailey, Solon and Betty Collection
- Bangor Historical Society/WABI Collection
- Bradley, Cameron Collection
- Brown Paper Company Collection
- Bucksport High School Football Collection
- Bucksport Junior High School Collection