Ben Blodget Collection
Primary Format and Extent
video (22 min.) : si., b&w ; 3/4 in.
Collection Date Range
1930 - 1959
Collection contains [Ben Blodget--home movies], summer and winter scenes of family activities in and around Bucksport. Scenes include picnics, a Bucksport Memorial Day parade (ca. 1935), ice sculptures and a graduation at the University of Maine, Orono. Also shown is the summer fair at the Elm Street Congregational Church in Bucksport, Maine (ca. 1953), and scenes of a Florida vacation, including a zoo, Marine Studios and Cypress Gardens as well as the 1939 New York World's Fair and the U.S. Embassy in Nicosia. Collection also includes "Felix the Cat" cartoon.
Ben Blodget, a resident of Bucksport, worked for the U.S. government as a telecommunications officer. Benjamin P. Blodget was Ben (the donor's) grandfather; Hazel M. Blodget was his daughter. Original footage is 16 mm. film.
People and OrganizationsBlodget Family
Subject(s)Cities and towns, Fairs, Families, Federal government, Manners and customs, Recreation areas, Tourist trade, Travel
Northeast Historic Film
Access is restricted; consult repository for detail.
Condition Governing Reproduction and Use
Authorization to reuse and/or reproduce must be obtained from Northeast Historic Film. See http://oldfilm.org/content/stock-footage-licensing for more information.
Items in this collection: 2
Showing 1 - 2 of 2:
1) Maine family activities and travels, circa 1930-1950-- Ben Blodget--home movies. Reel 1
New York World's Fair footage: United States Building and Lagoon of Nations with fountains. Government Zone Pavilions including Romania Pavilion. Union of Soviet Socialist Republics P...more
Post new comment
Most Popular Collections:
Featured Hidden Collections:
- Bath Historical Society Collection
- Groth, Ernest Collection
- Hiram Historical Society Collection
- Medomak Camp Collection
- Pearmain, Pierce Collection
- Maine Department of Agriculture Collection
- Maine State Museum Collection
- Vinalhaven Historical Society Collection
- Stillman, Ernest G. Collection
- Hodgkins, Earl Collection
- Bailey, Solon and Betty Collection
- Bangor Historical Society/WABI Collection
- Bradley, Cameron Collection
- Brown Paper Company Collection
- Bucksport High School Football Collection
- Bucksport Junior High School Collection