Kitty Clements Collection
Creator(s)Colonel F. B. Richards
Credit: Northeast Historic Film, Kitty Clements Collection, "Snow White" 1916.
Primary Format and Extent
film (1,460 ft.) : si., b&w ; 28 mm. reversal pos.
Secondary Format and Extent
film (350 ft.) : si., b&w ; 28 mm. dupe neg.
Collection Date Range
1916 - 1917
Collection contains [F.B. Richards--home movies], including 1916 amateur footage of a production of "Snow White" staged at the Blue Hill Country Club in coastal Maine. Other scenes show Ogontz School activities, and a wedding attended by men in uniforms. Footage with intertitles, "A Round of Calls in Blue Hill," shows Richards family members visiting Blue Hill families and includes a performance of the Kneisel Hall Quartette.
Colonel F.B. Richards (1862-1940) was Kitty Clements' grandfather and a summer resident of Blue Hill, Maine. According to his New York Times obituary, he was prominent in the metal industries in Cleveland and Pittsburgh, was part of the pig iron industry, and associated with M.A. Hanna & Co. Richards graduated from MIT in 1884. In 1886 he married Caroline A. Dimmick of Cambridge, MA; they had one daughter. He was a lieutenant colonel in World War I. The Ogontz School for Young Ladies was founded in 1850 and located in Elkins Park, Pennsylvania. In 1916-1917 Amelia Earhart attended the private school in a post-graduate year; she was 19 years old and did not graduate. The violinist Franz Kneisel (1865-1926), was concertmaster of the Boston Symphony Orchestra and founded the Kneisel Quartet in 1885. His papers were donated by Kneisel Hall to the Juilliard School Library. Juilliard Journal
People and OrganizationsRichards Family
Subject(s)Families, Manners and customs, Music, Performing arts, Weddings, African Americans, Education
Post new comment
Most Popular Collections:
Featured Hidden Collections:
- Bath Historical Society Collection
- Groth, Ernest Collection
- Hiram Historical Society Collection
- Medomak Camp Collection
- Pearmain, Pierce Collection
- Maine Department of Agriculture Collection
- Maine State Museum Collection
- Vinalhaven Historical Society Collection
- Stillman, Ernest G. Collection
- Hodgkins, Earl Collection
- Bailey, Solon and Betty Collection
- Bangor Historical Society/WABI Collection
- Bradley, Cameron Collection
- Brown Paper Company Collection
- Bucksport High School Football Collection
- Bucksport Junior High School Collection